What is your biggest dream? List 10 steps you can take to make that dream a reality in one month.
This will likely take far more than a month. It's what I've gleaned from reading a bunch of business books and it's pretty much my "business plan" though I'm still stuck on 1-3 at the moment but here it goes.
1. Brainstorm a list of things I love to do or I think I'll love to do.
2. Of the items in #1, if I haven't already been doing it (either as part of work or as a hobby), try doing it and see if I like it. If I don't cross it out of the list.
3. Of the items remaining from #1, brainstorm ways to make money from doing it.
It doesn't have to be an original idea, and some items may have multiple ways of monetizing it while others will have 0. Basically, make a list of money making ideas from the ideas from #1.
4. Of the ideas from #3, test the market for each of them
5. Pick the most promising idea from #4
In terms of my personal interest, others' interest, and money making potential. If none make the cut, go back to #3 (or #1)
6. Build an MVP for the idea picked from #5.
7. Get feedback from customers and improve on the MVP
8. Once it becomes too overwhelming to build or maintain, start outsourcing and further automating
Outsourcing means hiring outside help, be it freelancers, VAs, or employees