What led you to start using AI when other people have not yet used it at all?
Been using computers (end user, not programmer) since the Commodore 64. AI looks to be a continuation of what, for me, started there.
1. To find out how (if?) it can make my life easier
2. Like to know about things - curious
3. To see how to make my job easier
Always looking to automate the routine crap...
4. Like to be somewhat ahead of the curve
Not a leader in the area, or a real expert, but to have above average knowledge.
5. For fun
Been messing around with Midjourney. For someone who can't draw a straight line with a ruler, making pictures that look nice is fun. At least for now.
6. To help others in my age group (60+) understand it
As a tool, like a screwdriver, a hammer, the PC, the internet. Helps us to be more efficient, but we have to use it the right way.
7. Can it really make me some money?
Lots of ideas already out there... should I give one or more a try?