Why cheese is one of mankind's greatest achievements
(Image source: openclipart.org)
1. Cheese = happiness
Research found that our brains react to cheese by releasing a feeling of euphoria.
2. Cheese = variety
There are more than 1,800 different types of cheese in the world.
3. Cheese makes the benefits of milk accessible to people who cannot digest milk
4. Some types of cheese keep forever
So, in bad times, cheese might help you survive
5. Cheese promotes international understanding
The cheeses of other countries evoke admiration for the ingenuity of their inhabitants.
6. Maybe making cheese is part of human nature
7,500-year-old Neolithic pottery fragments from Europe reveal traces of milk fats. -> Cheese may be older than the pyramids of Giza. It's an equally great achievement, as evidenced by the fact that it's edible.
7. Making cheese is an extremely complex process that requires considerable intelligence
Certainly this had a significant part in the development of the mental abilities of our species.
8. Cheese contains substances that are essential for building the gray matter in our brains
The physical resemblance between a human brain and a wheel of cheese is no coincidence!
9. Cheese is a symbol of peace
In the history of several countries (Switzerland, Netherlands), the activity of cheese production became a substitute for the activity of warfare.
10. Cheese = love
Giving a cheese loaf is pure romance. Not only is it healthier, it also lasts longer than a bouquet of flowers.