Wow, what an extraordinary year, and yet, I am tense...
-How will we do better?
-And if we don't do better, what will they think of me?
1. Have you observed that it's a never-ending race with no good scenario?
1-We did it. The bar for next year scares me.
2-I missed my budget. I'm forced to succeed next quarter.
2. So how do I get out of this stressful pattern? Find yourself more "whys."
3. You are much more than your numbers
4. The meaning of your business is much broader than the outcome.
You build relationships, you help your teams thrive, you develop, you learn, you grow...
5. And of course, the result counts.
But thinking about it negatively doesn't make it happen. The action that depends on you does (your effort to progress). The constant focus on the few activities that make a difference...
You are much more than your results.