10 Benefits of Long-Term Solitude
No people, no smartphone, no internet.
1. Engage in self-reflection without distraction.
2. Consider critical decisions without external influence.
3. Explore long, deep meditations.
4. Study the nuances of one beautiful thing for many hours at a time.
A thoughtfully-written manuscript, a creative piece of art, a staggering mountain.
5. Stimulate extensive self-dialogue on a topic using the Socratic Method.
6. Allow yourself to feel intense emotional pain without the possibility of deadening the feeling with distractions.
7. Engage in long, creative, multi-hour writing sessions.
8. Experience an unparalleled sense of peace from not having to answer to anyone else's demands.
9. Become absorbed in day-long book-reading sessions.
10. Reflect on why we are here.
Paoloand 11 more liked this