10 Easy Things You Can Do Right Now To De-Stress And Relax
1. Shake it out.
Stand up and shake your limbs out.
2. Breathing Exercise
Controlled Diaphragmatic breathing. Perhaps to a count.
3. Drink a herbal tea.
If you do this mindfully, focussing on the taste and staying present in the current moment, so much the better.
The basic technique taught by Grace Smith is:
1) Close your eyes
2) State your current stress level on a scale of 1 to 10
3) Imagine your favourite colour travelling down your body, making you feel relaxed.
4) Repeat to yourself "I am safe. I am calm. I choose to be here" 3-21 times.
5) Imagine your favourite colour travelling down your body, making you feel relaxed.
6) State your current stress level on a scale of 1 to 10.
The second number will generally be lower than the first. Mission accomplished.
5. Listen to your favourite song
You probably have it on your phone.
Just draw for a few minutes like you have nothing better to do
7. Take a walk
9. Write It Out
Get all of your worries and stresses out by writing them down on paper. Once they're out of your head, you can start to let them go.
Use an app for guided meditation if necessary.