10 findings that made my life easier
Wisdom from almost 48 years in this world
Creating book covers, do the tax return etc.
1. Sometimes it is better to delegate
I am just not that good at some tasks. It is wise to pay someone to do them for me.
Women select men. It is a waste of time to woo a woman who shows no interest in you.
2. Don't run after women
Our time and energy are limited. I would like to play an instrument, program, learn some languages, practice a martial art, write and draw regularly, spend time with my family, study psychology or philosophy, travel the world. - It is just not possible. I need to focus on 2 or 3 in that list.
3. Focus on a few things!
Some news are important. Most are useless for my own purposes.
4. You don't need to know everything that is going on in the world
5. You don't need to understand every technology you use
Most arguments are a waste of time.
6. Let other people be wrong!
Solving other people's problems is a bad idea in most cases.
Of course, it is different if somebody asks you for help.
Death, hemorrhoids and a few other unpleasant things
7. If you can't change it, accept it
8. Get rid of useless things and negative people as fast as possible
Be polite and listen to what they have to say. It makes interactions with officials at authorities, the police, coworkers, and medical staff easier.
9. Practice being nice to people
The rational mind is very limited. To make an important decision, it is best to collect just enough information (not more) and then sleep a night to think about it. Long lists with pros and cons don't work for me.