10 Harry Potter Quotes To Ponder For A Joyful Life
Happy Weekend! Allow me to be a bit playful today and share quotes from a movie sequence that I watched more than 20 times :)
1. "The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution." — Albus Dumbledore
This quote reminds me of a quote from Voltaire, "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."
I am still pondering on this one.
2. "Fame is a fickle friend, Harry. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that." — Gilderoy Lockhart
3. "Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth." — Albus Dumbledore
4. "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends." ― Albus Dumbledore
Surround ourselves with friends who bring the best of us, even if it means standing up to us.
5. "Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open." — Albus Dumbledore
6. "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." — Albus Dumbledore
Dreaming is great only if it
7. "Just because it’s taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn’t mean no one else has spotted I’m a girl!" — Hermione Granger
This brings to mind the "What You See Is All There Is" bias.
8. "Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure." — Luna Lovegood
9. "Amazing! Amazing! This is just like magic!" —Gilderoy Lockhart
It is a great way to live by. See the magic in everything.
10. "'No, Harry, you listen,' said Hermione. 'We're coming with you. That was decided months ago — years, really.'"
This reminds me of what of a quote by Michael Jordan, "Once I made a decision, I never thought about it again."