10 Ideas to Help You Fall Asleep
1. Drink a Cup of Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is long known for it's sedative and soothing effects.
2. Drink a Cup of Tart Cherry Juice
Tart Cherry Juice has small amounts of naturally occurring melatonin to help you fall asleep.
3. Do That One Chore You Told Yourself That You Would Do Tomorrow
Within reason of course. You probably shouldn't start painting the walls at 1am.
4. Crank Out a Fresh Idea List
You'll either have a fresh list of ideas to use (or post on NotePD) or you'll get tired enough trying to come up with fresh that you'll go to sleep out of frustration.
5. Read a Book
It's a good way to de-stress and you can set a bookmark any time you're ready to snooze.
6. Take a Warm Bath or Shower
A good way to release tension. Make sure not to shower too late so you can have enough time to dry yourself.
7. Stop Looking at the News and Think of More Relaxing Things Instead
The news is tailored to make the average viewer outraged and stressed out. I know I've lost many nights of good sleep following certain stories. Think more about the positive things in life that aren't considered profitable enough for the 24-hour news cycle.
8. Count Sheep
A tried and true classic!
9. Count Prime Numbers
For when counting sheep becomes too boring.
10. Have a Really Busy Day Before Going to Bed
If you're already exhausted from a busy day, it won't take much more than putting your head on the pillow to sleep!