1. AI/Automation will increase workload and working hours not reduce them
Productivity trap: With companies inevitably streamlining jobs, the people left will need to take on more work because their productivity has increased. Higher output, higher profit, and higher shareholder value.
2. People create fake personal challenges
We often devise artificial challenges to maintain engagement and mental stimulation. This tendency arises from our desire to avoid confronting the overwhelming challenges in the extraordinary realm of possibilities.
3. AI will have symbiotic relationship with people not an adversarial one
4. Social media did not cause people's vice it magnified, incentivized and monetized them
5. Despite technological disruption to jobs - humans will adapt.
6. Collective intelligence is not necessarily superior to the individual intelligence
7. Learning the fundamentals of something will make you most effective the rest tends to be more about optimization
8. One the best ways to build a SaaS business is by mixing and matching APIs and gluing it together with a web application
9. People withhold tribal knowledge for job security
10. A disagreeable person is not necessarily a moral person