10 minor pet peeves that just bug me
I try not to complain too much in general, because I don't think it's productive. For today though, please indulge the drama of this list, written mostly for catharsis.
1. The unfortunate pronunciation of "Uranus" in English
Uranus is a noble planet, named after the ancestral and mythological father. He represents the whole sky (even in modern Greek, "ουρανος" aka "Uranus" means sky). I find it to be a great injustice that such a majestic God has to suffer from juvenile mockery over the pronunciation of his name in English.
2. The fact that I can't pay for the bus with my phone/ a credit card
I'm talking about the MBTA (Boston's public transportation network) in particular. It's annoying to have to go out of my way to 1) find a subway station where I can load up my MBTA card or 2) bring cash in case I need to take the bus. It's also 2022, so I don't think this is an unreasonable request.
3. Chocolate brown suits
imho, chocolate brown suits look good maybe 3% of the time.
4. Plants that are easily overwatered
All I want is to take care of you, but you won't let me!
5. The fact that my smallest, lowest-revenue-generating clients at work are the neediest
I'd like to be able to give my most valuable clients most of my attention, but instead I face this unfortunate inverse relationship.
6. Giant, ferocious dogs named Tiny
I guess this is still kind of funny, but it seems overdone.
7. Too much mayo on sandwiches
I always run the other way when I see mayo oozing out of sandwiches. Not only does it take away from whatever other flavors are present, but it's also not good for you. Do I have a personal vendetta against mayo? Yes, but I think everyone could benefit from less of it in their lives.
8. Movies/shows that are so dark you can barely see what's happening
I always think of Game of Thrones, but I feel like this has been happening a lot lately. Maybe I should look into the settings on my TV.
9. When the AC is so high that I have to wear a sweater in the middle of the summer
I know, this isn't exactly a "hot take."
10. The "ith" sound in words
I just find it to be a particularly cacophonous cluster.