10 of the best Casinos and Hotel Amenities
Just felt like doing a little something out of the ordinary. I don't think all of these are open anymore, but that's not why I'm writing the list. Just reminiscing a little.
1. Baha Mar - Nassau, Bahamas
The cleanest, nicest, most well appointed casino east of the Missisippi and high in the running for overall best in the hemisphere.
2. The Noodle Bar - Tropicana, Atlantic City, NJ
It used to be comp only on account of the dedicated regular clientele in the gaming pit in front of it. Fun times late nigh playing Pai Gow Poker and slurping ramen.
3. Boardwalk Bar - Showboat, Atlantic City, NJ
Fun little circle of mayhem over by the former poker room also on the boardwalk side. I saw Jamie Fox doing an appearance there one time. RIP Showboat.
4. Revel - Atlantic City, NJ
An expensive failure, but a hell of a time while it lasted. Food, drink, gaming. All a good combination of excitement.
5. Ghost Donkey - Cosmopolitain, Las Vegas, NV
"Hidden" speakeasy crafted after its now shuttered NYC counterpart. Yes, it's a scene. Yes, it's overpriced. Yes, it's still a lot of fun.
6. The back bar at Bavette’s - Park MGM, Las Vegas, NV
The main bar is huge, but there's a smaller side bar that's more intimate. Such a good little hideaway.
7. The high roller lounge bar at Aria, Las Vegas, NV
You don't need to be dropping $500 a hand on blackjack to relax at the bar with a cocktail and a cigar. Totally unknown to the regular patron. Expensive drinks, but chill environs.
8. Rock Spa, Hard Rock Hotel, Atlantic City, NJ
9. Spa at Vdara, Las Vegas, NV
I like to stay at Vdara for a few reasons: it has no casino, so I have to be deliberate about my playing. No midnight wandering into a poker room. Also it's very health oriented. There is a great fitness center and the showpiece is the spa - a real treat if you want to lay low and relax and get away from the chaos. Also, you can score a really great view - almost all the rooms have excellent views.
10. Carnevino, Venetian, Las Vegas, NV
Mario Battali's former steakhouse was just a blast. Nothing more to say. Service and food was out of sight. Sorely missed.
11. Craps pit bar at Paris, Las Vegas, NV
The Paris is like a darker, weirder version of Wild Wild West in AC. But the bar near the craps pit has it going on.
12. Mountain Bar, Wild Wild West, Atlantic City, NJ
This place was nuts back in the day. $3 shots and $3 beers. All night dancing. A total circus.