10 Questions for Reflection
I wouldn't use all of these questions every day. But using one or two of these questions at the end of a day to reflect back over how the day went leads me to some useful insights for future days.
1. Where did things go wrong?
Be careful with this one, though. Handled badly, it can lead to ruminating rather than seeking a better tomorrow. A better question is....
2. What went right today?
There is a whole area of organizational theory called Appreciative Inquiry that builds on this simple principle: what you focus on, you get more of. So focus on what works. You can learn more about the whole movement here and here. This one idea can change your life. Dig into it.
3. What could I have done differently?
4. What am I avoiding doing?
5. How could I have been more effective?
6. Who should I have talked with?
7. What do I need to do tomorrow?
8. What did I not get done today, and why?
9. What's the one best things I accomplished today?