10 Reasons Shoveling is better than using a Snow Blower
Even though I live in the northeast snow belt I have been stubborn about buying another snowblower. Although I have given some thought to a flamethrower!
3. Far cheaper
4. Less maintenance
There is some minimal maintenance required to make your shovels work at top efficiency and last. But very little.
5. I have a hard time spending money on something big and bulky that I'm only going to use 3 months out of the year.
And only about a dozen times total.
6. Even with a snowblower, you still have to shovel.
7. I'd rather have a garden tractor with a plow than a snowblower.
But I don't need one of them either.
8. Allows me to pretend I'm made of tougher stuff.
9. Excuse not to go to work / store / whatever and just stay home.
"I'd love too but I just spent the last two hours shoveling and the car is still half buried"
10. There is a real sense of accomplishment when you look behind you and see what how much you've done.
Of course, the flip side is despair when you look behind you after an hour and see how LITTLE progress you've made. Both are equally true and valid simultaneously.