10 Reasons to Stay in the Corporate Rat Race
Since I created the challenge let's see how well (or poorly) that I do.
1. You enjoy it.
2. You can't envision anything else.
If you don't know where you're going or how to get there, more planning may be necessary first.
3. You've already "made it"
For some, having invested so much time and energy to climb the corporate ladder, they couldn't imagine giving up what they see as "the good life."
4. You need the money. At least for now.
5. You need the benefits. At least for now.
6. You're good at it.
7. Peace in the Family
For some this will be a bigger deal than others. Sometimes sacrifices are made in the name of family.
8. You're OK with mediocrity.
Mediocrity is found in every endeavor but seems most rampant in the corporate cube farm. If you're satisfied, and no one is pressing you for more, why change?
9. You want to start a Corporate Revolution
Corporations can be just as much a force for good and progress as they can be an anchor of despair and misery. Maybe you are the one to change the face of the company you work for.
10. You still haven't figured out who keeps stealing your lunch out of the breakroom.
And until you finally catch the Lunch Looter, you can not rest.