10 Simple Ways To Practice Using Your Memory So It Doesn't Rot Away And Eventually Make You Senile
1. Don't rely on your phone for remembering phone numbers. Practice pressing them in by hand directly from memory.
2. Every time you meet up with someone (a client, a friend, a relative), or hear about a celebrity, try to recall their birthday from memory. And if you don't know it, you can ask... or do a Google or social search...
3. At the end of every day, try to recall what you ate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner yesterday.
4. When you're resting and have nothing to do, close your eyes and try to recall the exact items you have inside your desk drawer. Or on your desk. Or in your closet.
5. Pick a random building in your neighborhood. And try to recall all the buildings that lie in between your home and that building.
6. Try to memorize all the keyboard shortcuts for your most frequently used software applications.
7. Memorize 1000 jokes and tell 1 of them everyday to someone around you.
8. Memorize 1000 quotes and use at least 1 of them everyday in one of your idea lists.
"God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December." ~James Barrie