10 Smart Ways To Stay Organized At Home and Work.
1. Keep a Notebook or a To Do List
Capture stray thoughts. There a multitude of apps out there that can help you capture your thoughts. If you have a notebook, you can write them down.
2. Have a place for everything you need to find again
Keys, phone, books, shoes, purse
3. Make a habit of never leaving dishes in other rooms.
4. If you take a book out of the bookshelf - put it back
5. Make sure you clean the kitchen sink/ counter every night
6. Before you log off for the day, review your meetings for tomorrow and note which ones you need to prepare for
7. Throw out junk mail
8. Every 10 years shred your old papers
They really add up. If you wait more than 10 years, it will take you weeks to get rid of them.
9. Have a junk drawer
For batteries, twist ties, and the tiny screwdriver that you always need for something.