10 things I learned creating idea lists every day
1. Your brain is on fire
Everywhere I go, I seem to have ideas!
2. I care less about people stealing ideas
Steal away, my friends! I'll just come up with more
3. Anytime I get stuck, I brainstorm ideas
Coming up with more ideas gives you options. And options means different pathways to success.
4. It's fun
Sounds funny but it's like a mini masterclass in creativity every day
5. Coming up with great ideas is a process
People don't just come up with a great idea out of nowhere - it's usually from coming up with lots of bad ideas.
6. Bad ideas may not always be bad
I come up with lots of bad ideas that I later come back to and think: hey, maybe it's not such a bad idea
7. My conversations with friends have changed
Now when they give me a problem, I give them ideas. People like specific advice or solutions, but I try to open my mind (and my friend's minds) by keeping them different ideas.
8. Ideas without execution are worthless
Same for execution without a good idea.
9. Next stage: doing something with the ideas
Even though the act of working the idea muscle is a benefit in itself, I'm not taking the next step and I should.