10 Things I'm Going To Do In October
They're not exactly SMART goals as the gurus tell you they need to be, but that's fine by me.
1. Start attending weekly Toastmasters meetings in my town.
Something I've been wanting to do for some time.
2. Start a training plan for my first ultra marathon in over a year.
My body is 100% healthy (finally!) but I am terribly out of shape.
3. Set aside a full 15 minutes each morning to meditate.
Instead of flipping through my phone, doing laundry, and whatever else I've been doing to avoid meditation lately.
4. Plan to call my parents once per week.
There's only so many opportunities left.
5. Write on NotePD every day.
I've fallen off this habit.
6. Launch a Substack.
Bit of a stretch goal, as I don't know what to write about (yet), but I'd like to give it a try.
7. Cut down on sugar consumption.
I'm not too bad right now but I could do better.
8. Re-read "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway."
9. Volunteer work in my community.
There are a lot of opportunities right now especially to help the elderly.
10. Be less productive.
I've had too much focus on squeezing more "stuff" out of my time and not enough focus on enjoying my time.