10 Things To Do at a Coffee Shop
Doing a little people-watching at my coffee shop right now. Some of these items are sort of like the coffee shop version of "Piano Man."
1. Get a coffee, sit out on the patio, and stare at the mountains for an hour.
A guy comes here at the same time every day and does this exact thing. He literally does nothing but drinks his coffee, stares at the mountains, then gets in his truck and drives away. I'm starting to think he's The Buddha.
2. Read a good book.
3. Open up your laptop and work on your side hustle.
4. Write 1,000 words for your new book.
5. Have a long, lingering conversation with a great friend.
6. Do a crossword puzzle.
7. Talk to the barista about her hopes and dreams that she could realize, according to her, "If only I could get out of this place."
We had this conversation. Very "Piano Man."
8. Have a business meeting.
9. Create an architectural design for your new 4,000-square-foot house.
Listening in on this conversation now. This couple is building quite an ostentatious home, but hey, they're living life so good for them.