10 thoughts after breaking up with my girlfriend last night
A bit of a personal post here! Let's see how personal it gets!
1. I'm surprised I don't feel that bad
2. But maybe I'm suppressing my emotions?
3. I kept in mind the possibility that I might break down crying at the gym
4. In fact, I think it made me highly motivated at the gym
5. Part of why I don't feel horrible may be because I'm proud of myself
6. A few days ago I started getting strangers' opinions on Reddit
7. Then I was like "OK that's not enough" so I started seeing a therapist online
8. Just one session with the therapist + Reddit (it feels ridiculous to say but it did help) made me see things much more clearly
Which was my hope.
9. I realized I wasn't acting in accordance with the person I wanted to be
A person to be proud of.