10 Tips to Succeed Writing 50.000 words in November
I havent gone through nanowrimo before but I write every day more than 2k words for fun and profit so here's my two cents that might help:
1. You need to feed yourself to write, so set aside time to read
2. Write at the same time every day, so the muse knows when to find you. Set aside roughly two hours.
3. When it is writing time, you either write or do nothing.
4. You can start a writing session by writing that you don’t know what to write about and follow that train of thought. You can always edit and delete bad stuff.
5. Finish the writing session while you still have ideas about what you are going to write and keep yourself excited
6. After finishing the writing session give yourself a little reward. I like chocolate.
7. If you skip one day don’t try to double the amount of words you are going to write next day. Keep the daily goal constant.
8. If you don’t enjoy writing be ok with giving up. Not everybody is a writer.
9. Accept that there is nothing fascinating about being a writer. It is a low paying job compared to the effort.
10. Write for the love of writing not for anything else. And ironically when you do this people will pay you to write if you are good enough.
11. Find fellow writers and encourage them to write!