10 ways to do effective research on the Internet
1. Check out Wikipedia as good starting off point
2. Google Search
Start with a Google search to see what resources are available by website, books, video, etc.
3. Read the top three books in your area of interest
4. AI Search (cited sources)
Perplexity, You.com, ChatGPT browsing plugin
5. Use a news aggregator like Feedly to curate news articles
6. Use Research Assistant: Elicit, Zotero, etc
7. Check out Google Scholar
8. Contact an expert who specializes in that area
You can search on LinkedIn and Twitter
9. Search on YouTube / Podcasts
10. Avoid doing serious research on Reddit or Social Media
Hard to sift negative sentiment and misinformation. You can't cite anything here.