10 ways to do more writing
Don't call yourself a writer. Be the verb, not the noun.
1. Write on breaks
Even if it's a short break - lunch, coffee, a few minutes in the car before you get home
2. Write down any and all ideas you have
I know when I sit down to write, I never have any ideas, and from what I've seen, most writers separate ideation from writing
3. Wake up early
4. Write at work
Or at least count writing at work as writing
5. Have a small notebook with you
6. Generate 10 ideas every day
To write about
7. Come up with different headlines all the time
Headlines can form the backbone for an article or book
8. Steal structures from other great writers
How did they start their articles? What headlines did they use? Can you swap out words and concepts for your own?
9. Devote the best hour of each day to writing
10. Make it a habit
Writing every day is easier than writing every few days.