10 ways to hurt yourself as you get older
1. Relive the Glory Days
No, you can't ski black diamond slopes like you did 25 years ago, unless you train for it. Tony Hawk still skates big ramps in his 50s...
2. Participate in mosh pits
I broke my finger in one a few months ago...
3. Show off your skateboarding skills to a child
This usually ends badly, and sometimes on YouTube.
4. Don't stretch
I have rediscovered the importance of daily stretching.
5. Don't build and maintain muscle
This becomes very important as you get into your 70s and beyond.
6. Play basketball with people half your age
7. Get really competitive at the office picnic
Crutches frequently follow...
8. Be a catcher for a college age baseball or softball pitcher
Many bruises and lots of fear from this one
9. Throw batting practice twice a week for a whole team
Your shoulders will let you know that it was not a good idea. Plus you will occasionally take one off the dome.
10. Try the latest hoverboard/rip stick or other balance toy
bonus points for trying it in your living room or kitchen and failing spectacularly