10 ways to make memorization easier
1. Don’t memorize if you don’t have to
I'm a big fan of taking detailed notes and referring back to them as needed. Why waste time memorizing anything if it's not 100% necessary.
2. Make it fun by doing a silly dance
3. Make it funny e.g stand on 1 foot
4. Record yourself in the process
5. Do short sprints and take lots of breaks
This will ensure you're doing doing a maximum amount of reps instead of sitting for long periods of time getting bored
6. Find a partner to test you
7. Make up a rhyme
8. Write it into a song
I was always curious if Billy Joel wanted to memorize historical events when he wrote We Didn't Start the Fire
9. Set a ridiculous goal so you’re always reaching higher
10. Write flash cards in a PowerPoint with clip art etc
The more time you spend thinking about an idea or set of facts the deeper it will sink into your psyche.