The voice that shaped the past, the message that shapes the future.
1. "When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost."
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
2. "Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened."
Pioneers, after all, are heroes with arrows in the back. If you are doing things that no one else has, obviously the risk will always be there.
3. "God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with."
He will increase what you have, so you can give even more to those in need.
4. "Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love."
Love is not something to pursue, love is what you are.
5. "Tears shed for self are tears of weakness, but tears shed for others are a sign of strength."
What you gift to your brother, you gift to yourself, and vice versa.
6. "Racial prejudice, anti-Semitism, or hatred of anyone with different beliefs has no place in the human mind or heart."
Everyone you meet is the same kind of difference as YOU.
7. "The word 'romance,' according to the dictionary, means excitement, adventure, and something extremely real. Romance should last a lifetime."
Real love is eternal and unconditional.
8. "I think it is a sin to look at another person as inferior to yourself because of race or because of ethnic background, and I think the greatest thing to do is to pray that God will give you love for them, and I do."
Let love take the place of grievances.
9. "Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion - it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ."
Having a daily practice is the formal way that you pay daily attention to something that is important to you.
10. A real Christian is a person who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip.
Parrots learn to speak what they hear and if your part was sold to the town gossip, she would learn what you said and tell everyone.
11. Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone - except God.
God is a punitive God. - offensive.
God is a judgmental God. - offensive.
God is a jealous God. - offensive
God is a loving God - Ding Dong!
12. "You're born. You suffer. You die. Fortunately, there's a loophole."
The loophole is that you are loved, lovable, and loving.
13. The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless.
The highest form of service is sharing your gifts and talents with the world.
14. "God's mercy and grace give me hope - for myself, and for our world."