15 Osho Quotes - Philosophy for a New Generation
1. “A certain darkness is needed to see the stars.”
Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before a change occurs.
2. “Love is the goal, life is the journey.”
Life will show you the way but it's always your decision whether you will choose love or fear.
3. “Fame is foolish, it is pointless, meaningless. Even if the whole world knows you, how does it make you richer? How does it make your life more blissful?
How does it help you to be more understanding, to be more aware? To be more alert, to be more alive?”
These are some of life's existential questions that you must answer, eventually.
4. “The tongue never slips—remember this always. What goes on within the mind comes invariably on the tongue.”
Everything begins in your mind. It's the original source and thought never leaves its source.
Your karma shows you how well you're doing.
5. “Buddha is a Buddha, a Krishna is a Krishna, and you are you. And you are not in any way less than anybody else. Respect yourself, respect your own inner voice and follow it.”
Each of us has equal wisdom. Tap into it.
6. “Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny—he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed.
You are not here accidentally—you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you.”
Follow the prompts. Listen to your guidance.
7. “When you really laugh for those few moments you are in a deep meditative state. thinking stops. It is impossible to laugh and think together.”
Have you ever tried laughing and being angry at the same time?
8. “Meditation will give you a little glimpse, a little taste, that the truth is inside you.”
Inside of yourself is possibly the last place you look but it's the only place where you'll find your answers.
9. “Don’t move the way fear makes you move. Move the way love makes you move. Move the way joy makes you move.”
Fear is crippling and unproductive.
Love is freedom and knows no bounds.
10. “Life begins where fear ends.”
11. “Be less of a judge and you will be surprised that when you become a witness and you don’t judge yourself, you stop judging others too. And that makes you more human, more compassionate, more understanding.”
Get rid of all grievances.
12. “Remain in the world, act in the world, do whatsoever is needful, and yet remain transcendental, aloof, detached—a lotus flower in the pond.”
Pursue anything, attach to nothing.
Be a witness to the changeless, that's where miracles happen.
13. “Mind—a beautiful servant, a dangerous master.”
Most of the world allow their mind to be dangerous masters while they're obedient servants.
14. “One just needs a little alertness to see and find out: life is really a great cosmic laughter.”
Don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff and hilariously funny with a little alertness.
15. “Life repeats itself mindlessly—unless you become mindful, it will go on repeating like a wheel.”
Life wants you to learn the lesson and won't let you sleep until you do.