25 Mother Teresa Quotes - The Holy Mother of God
'The greatest disease in the West today is not TB or leprosy; ... it is not only a poverty of loneliness but also of spirituality.
1. “I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness.”
Being unkind to yourself or another has no rewards.
2. “Love is a fruit in season at all times and within reach of every hand.”
Love is what you are.
God created you in love so it must remain.
Anyone can choose to be loving.
To be unloving is to be out of alignment with what you truly are.
3. “Work without love is slavery.”
And you thought slavery was over.
4. Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.”
Don't worry about tomorrow because tomorrow shall take care of itself.
Can you think of a moment more delicious than this moment right here?
5. “If now we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten how to see God in one another.”
If only you were willing to look past the body you would see the light in every human being you encounter.
6. “The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small.
What do you feel would happen if you decided to widen your family circle?
I'm certain that if you're in pain, we all suffer.
I'm certain that if you're happy and joyful we all benefit.
You are the same kind of different as me.
You are my family.
7. “Not handouts, but rather hands held.”
Ain't nothing wrong with joining and holding hands.
8. “If I look at the mass, I will never act. If I look at the one, I will.”
A young girl was walking along a beach upon which thousands of starfish had been washed up during a terrible storm. When she came to each starfish, she would pick it up, and throw it back into the ocean. People watched her with amusement.
She had been doing this for some time when a man approached her and said, “Little girl, why are you doing this? Look at this beach! You can’t save all these starfish. You can’t begin to make a difference!”
The girl seemed crushed, suddenly deflated. But after a few moments, she bent down, picked up another starfish, and hurled it as far as she could into the ocean. Then she looked up at the man and replied,
“Well, I made a difference for that one!”
The old man looked at the girl inquisitively and thought about what she had done and said. Inspired, he joined the little girl in throwing starfish back into the sea. Soon others joined, and all the starfish were saved.
9. “Words that do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.”
In a world of duality, your words either coax someone to come to the light or pushes them further into darkness.
10. “May God break my heart so completely that the whole world falls in.”
When the heart is broken people fall into love. This is the true meaning of what it means to fall in love.
11. “The first requirement for prayer is silence. People of prayer are people of silence.”
The worst thing you can have is another thought.
In the silence, is where you will meet God.
12. “God is everywhere and in everything and without Him we cannot exist.”
Most people act like they created God instead of the other way around.
Without him, there is no you...there is no me....there is no us.
How can you not defer to such Truth?
13. “Peace and war start within one’s own home. If we really want peace for the world, let us start by loving one another within our families. Sometimes it is hard for us to smile at one another.”
The microcosm is the macrocosm.
You expect world wars to stop when you can't even get along with your mother, father, sister, brother, or child.
I give you a scoop of ice cream and you walk outside and drop it on the ground. You come back and ask for two scoops. You need to spend some more time learning how to manage one scoop.
Before I get you to laugh, I got to get you to smile first.
14. “I know God won’t give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish he didn’t trust me so much.”
If it's in your space, you can handle it.
God sees you as what you are, not what the world made you out to be.
15. “If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you. Be honest and frank anyway.”
People don't cheat you, they cheat themselves.
Cheating is a call for love.
Whatever a man steals from you, give him double.
16. “The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others.”
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
If the advice that you so graciously dole out is good, you go first.
It's not so funny when the bear has the gun.
17. “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.”
Love prevails, every time.
18. “I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now I know that prayer changes us, and we change things.”
It's an inside job.
When the man puts himself together, his whole world changes.
19. “Yes, you must live life beautifully and not allow the spirit of the world that makes gods out of power, riches, and pleasure make you to forget that you have been created for greater things.”
If you only knew what you are, you would laugh at anything the world offers you.
If you've made money, power, and fame your gods there's nothing anyone can do to help you.
20. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
A smile, a kind gesture or phrase, or a good deed is all that anyone could ever ask of you.
21. “You are greater than you know.”
You are infinite. You are loved. You are worthy. You remain as God created you.
22. “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you.”
There are no chance encounters.
23. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.”
Regardless of your current state of mind, you matter.
Your drop has all the same attributes as the entire ocean.
24. “There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.”
Love is the answer. If not love, what? More bread.
25. “We must never be afraid to be a sign of contradiction for the world.”
Throughout history, the masses have always been wrong.
Wrong as defined in this context: What the majority of people pursue in the world doesn't provide them with the desired outcome. And if it does, it's ephemeral at best.
Look for the contradictions to worldly thoughts, that's where the real nectar lies.
Be in the world, not of it.