5 ways job postings can provide you with secret information
1. You can use job postings as a way to learn about what you need for specific levels or roles
Compile job postings of your dream job / desired title and then take a look at similarities between the different postings - what certifications do you need? Years of experience? Types of experiences or skills?
2. You can see what companies care about
Seeing that a company is hiring a lot of people to work in artificial intelligence means that the company is likely making a big bet in that field.
3. You can learn about the organisational structure of a company
Postings will have info about who the potential candidate will report to or what kind of teams they will have underneath them
4. Some job postings have salary ranges
So a good way to understand your market value and whether you're getting over or under-paid is to look at those job postings and compare it to your salary.
5. Looking to make a career switch?
Do a comparison between your job posting or a similar one for your job and the other one that you're thinking about. Find the differences. Address the gaps.