6 steps to translate your desire into wealth
Think and Grow Rich was written at the height of the great depression and it still stands up today.
I reread it every so often just to be reminded of the ideas. And to make myself reexamine my own efforts. Maybe I should reread Choose Yourself, it has been a while.
Desire is the first step to wealth.
Edison desired electricity.
Henry Ford the automobile.
Richard Branson the Virgin business empire.
Oprah, her own talk show.
What do you desire?
1. Step 1: Write down the exact amount of money you desire.
2. Step 2: What exactly do you intend to give for the money?
There is no free lunch.
You need to provide value to customers for money.
3. Step 3: Define the exact date you plan to acquire the money you desire.
4. Step 4: Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire
Begin at once ready or not to put the plan into action
5. Step 5: Write out a clear concise mission statement.
- The amount of money you desire to acquire.
- Name the time limit for the acquisition.
- State what you intend to give for the money.
- Describe the plan in detail in which you intend to accumulate it.
6. Step 6: Read your statement 2 times daily.
- In the morning.
- In the evening.
- When you are reading it believe that you already have the money.
7. Burn the ships
This should be a burning desire and nothing will stop you till you reach your goal.
Edison's 10,000 experiments before he discovered the lightbulb.