Advice for a recent graduate
1. Try Stuff / Experiment
Especially things with a lot of time/money investment like a Doctor or Lawyer - volunteer for one of these people to see if you like what they do.
2. Don't Do What's Traditional or What Everyone thinks you should do
4. Ask (artfully) to Intern for someone who is living a professional and personal life that you admire
5. Don't worry about stupid goals like 'I need to make $1MM by age 30'
They are meaningless.
6. Focus on developing self care rituals
Healthy eating, exercise, breathing, meditation, spiritual practice - you need to be healthy in body and mind for the rest of your life
7. Going to Clubs/Bars and heavy drinking will only depress you
8. Stay in touch and get involved with your alumni association
I got my first job by cold emailing an alumnus from my school and he opened doors for me. The only thing we shared in common was that he went to the same Business School as me 20 years ago.
9. Create something every day
A social media post. A blog. A video. An idea list. Something to show you are a creator on this planet - not just a consumer.
10. Study how people your age waste time and create systems to not go down that path
Social Media, Netflix, Sports, News all lead to wasted time and very little life happiness.