Crucial Life Skills
I’m still trying to master all of these skills.
1. How to make money that aligns with your values.
2. How to spend money that aligns with your values.
3. How to make your money work for you.
4. How to care about money even when you don’t.
I have to admit this is me. I often have to force myself. I’m still not good at it.
5. Run for at least an hour.
It doesn’t have to be a sprint; just go at a comfortable pace. If you can do it, it’s a sign of excellent cardiovascular endurance.
6. Lift heavy things.
Anyone can lift something for at least a few minutes. It’s an excellent measure of muscular strength, yes, but it also improves heart health, increases flexibility, reduces injury risk, enhances blood flow to the brain, and about 30 additional benefits.
7. Stretch for at least an hour.
Ever been to an hour-long yoga class? Yeah, it’s hard as hell.
8. Be overwhelmed with emotion by the smallest miracles in nature.
This includes a trio of skills: attention to detail, presence, and gratitude.
9. Keep the mind and body calm under duress.
10. Be kind.
To everyone. All the time. Even when they don’t deserve it (that’s hard, but it can be learned).