Exercising Golf cart
My thoughts on some ideas to make this viable.
1. It would have to be very light
I think gas would be lighter than electric because of the batteries but I might be wrong.
2. If running in electric mode, have the pedals charge the battery.
3. If you had hand controls for the "powered" side, there would be room for pedals so two people could pedal.
4. Like the derailleur on a bicycle, I think multiple gears would help get the vehicle moving and sustain higher speeds.
5. Would it be easier to start with a pedal powered vehicle and add a motor?
6. Instead of pedals, could you generate more energy with a hand bar or hand crank?
7. Two sets of powered wheels.
For example: Have the motor power the front wheels, have the rear be pedal powered. In this arrangement, both systems could work together to decrease effort, increase range, etc.