Expand route network to increase traffic at the airport.
Next in the ongoing series of ideas to improve our airport.
1. Most current routes are end user smaller vacation destinations.
... and landing slots are quite expensive.
2. Most of the largest airport hubs are booked…
Many of these cities are desirable destinations in their own right. But in the effort to build a network, the ability to travel anywhere else in the system is the key.
3. But there are still many mid-sized cities that would work.
an add campaign could focus on the convenience and time-saving of using the local airport vs. traveling to a larger airport.
4. To combat the need for multiple connections…
While we are thinking connections, these intermediate cities could be destinations as well.
5. Partner with the planned connector cities to increase their visibility
They are at or near capacity at their hubs, need additional routes, AND have the existing network that charter or regional airlines would struggle to build.