He could have been one of those folks going in to the beaches on D-Day. Instead he was captured at the Battle of Anzio and spent 16 months in a German POW camp. It was harrowing, but it probably saved his life.
2. For the opportunity to share his story a bit with a friend today.
3. A refrigerator full of food.
4. That I had no out-of-house obligations so I could take care of our disabled daughter.
5. Zoom made my meetings possible, even as I cared for our disabled daughter.
6. Medications that control my daughter's seizures.
7. She has had a relatively easy day today, chilled out.