Gratitude list PLUS a regular list
Today, I am grateful for joy....
1. Because it is the source of my happiness
Joy is like the bubbles in champagne.
2. Because it generally is triggered by learning
Learning is my personal drug. I need to be careful to implement what I learn into my life.
3. Because life can be difficult to take on a daily basis
Joy can add flavor to what can be a very bland intake of bad news, despair and sadness
4. Because it can be triggered when I see Spirit or God in others
When I see people being kind, when I see a Kingdom-of-Heaven-type act or see animals expressing themselves without fear.
5. Because it can sometimes be triggered by beauty
Seeing a flower. Seeing a blue sky. Seeing a tree, Walking in snowfall.
6. Because it opens my heart to see others
I forget myself when I feel joy. When I am thinking about myself, I cannot see others. I'm too preoccupied.