How stories shape my life
I don’t know where this list is going, but I’m going to follow it. I love listening to stories, I love writing stories. I enjoy reading them. Here is how they shape my life
1. They shape how I think about myself
When I tell myself that I hate myself or I am kind when I talk to myself, it makes a difference.
2. They shape how I think about other people
When I tell myself people are evil, confused, deluded or just bad humans, it makes a difference in how I think about them.
3. They shape how I treat myself
When I tell myself a story that I am priceless in God’s sight, I treat myself better than if I don’t consider that I have any value.
4. They shape the decisions I make and don’t make
When I tell myself a story about a situation, it can make me change a decision about what i do or where i go.
5. They shape what I consider important
When I tell myself a story about the world, it can shape what I consider important to pay attention to.
6. They bring meaning to aspects of my life
When I tell myself a story about whether there is a God or a Spirit that fills and shapes the world, it gives meaning to the world I find myself in
7. They shape what I consider precious
When I tell myself a story about the things I love, it can shape what I consider precious.