How to "Use' journaling, not just "Do" journaling
Journaling first thing in the morning and sporadically throughout the day has helped me in many ways. When everyone at work is scrolling and I pull out a notepad it seems to make everyone uncomfortable. But here is why I don't mind dealing wit the side eyes.
1. See how I "feel" during the process of my day
2. I can see in real-time, how am I wasting my time or energy
3. Track sleep/diet/fitness or anything else that is important to me
4. It is my game film. Just like an athlete who watches themselves on tape, journaling allows me to see mistakes and successes to continue the improving process
5. Where do I stand right now?
7. See and Feel progress. A great visualization tool
8. Get random tasks and goals on paper and off your mind
9. Feeling of reconnecting vs the brain drain of scrolling
10. You can focus on gratitude throughout the day instead of constantly wanting more