I Would Be True" by Howard Arnold Walter - 1906 (2 min 41 sec)
1. I would be brave, for there is much to dare;
Bravery and taking risks are important, as there are many challenges and opportunities in life that require courage to face.
2. I would be friend of all—the foe, the friendless;
Desire to be a friend to everyone, including those who may be considered your enemies or friendless. Compassion and empathy are always welcomed.
3. I would be giving, and forget the gift;
Forgive without expecting anything in return. Selflessness and generosity are always welcomed.
4. I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
Having humility and acknowledging your own weaknesses are important. Embracing self-awareness and fostering a genuine desire to learn and grow brings forth significant rewards and advantages.
5. I would look up, and laugh, and love, and lift.
Remain optimistic and positive. Love and uplift others because this is the only way to experience joy in your life.
6. I would be faithful through each passing moment;
Have faith and commitment. Remain steadfast and true in every moment.
7. I would be constantly in touch with God;
Maintain a strong connection with God. Without spirituality and faith you have nothing of any real value.
8. I would be strong to follow where He leads me;
Follow God's guidance. Remain strong in the face of your perceived challenges and obstacles.
9. I would have faith to keep the path Christ trod.
Follow in the footsteps of Christ. Have faith and devotion to your beliefs that help lead you out of the jungle.
10. I would be true to every trust reposed;
Have trust and be honest with yourself and others. Remain true to your word and commitments.
11. I would be pure—no thought, no word, no deed,
Remain pure and live with moral integrity. Act with good intentions and avoid negative thoughts or actions.
12. But such as Christ, the Master, hath disclosed.
Follow the example set by Christ. Act with compassion and kindness towards others.
13. For sake of Him, in every thought and need.
Live a life that is aligned with your beliefs and values. Act in accordance with God's will and serve others by sharing your gifts and talents.