Ideas for a novel
1. Murder in McMurdo
Man needs to clear his name in the most desolate place.
2. Adventurer seeking treasure gets pulled in over his head and finds religion instead.
3. Husband and wife each have an affair with the, it turns out, the same person.
4. Man is traveling across the country and stumbles into situations that are modern versions of biblical stories. He realizes this at the end and declares the Bible fake.
5. Kids in an after school program start getting abused by the caretaker so they take matters into their own hands.
Except that they were all making it up (a la Salem Witch Trials). They find this out later in life and then turn on each other.
6. Man has to choose between being a “man” and being a “father” in a difficult situation. He chooses to be a “father”.
His son hates him for it. Later in life the son understands the choice but it is too late to make amends.
7. Woman gets chosen at work to be a in senior management. But then she learns what business her company is really in.
Allegorical to Germans participating in nazi machine.
8. Soldiers get upper hand against enemy and have to decide whether to slaughter them or not.
How to resist becoming monsters themselves.
9. Society creates false narratives about events that slowly divides the community.