Ideas to Solve New York's Rat Problem
1. Do you know a guy with a flute?
2. Let's get Cirque du Sewer have auditions and put these rats to work!
3. Pay a bounty to encourage the hunting / trapping of rats
Similar to the idea of redeemable aluminum cans.
4. Double the size of the NYC Sanitation work force
5. Create a new market for rodent fur.
Some of them are as big as small beavers or nutria so it could work.
6. Slowly raise the water level in each sewer system to force the rats above ground.
And then have the hunters/trappers/NYC Strongest standing ready.
7. Use targeted infra-sound to drive rats out of a specific area.
Then institute full rat prevention protocols in that area. Reclaim the city block by block, building by building.
8. Launch a PSA campaign to explain that there is no rat problem.
9. Install little rodent condom machines
10. Demand Reparations
Almost all rats in NYC today are the Brown (Norway) rat. NYC could demand annual payments from Norway for damages.