Adapted from a message by Kerri Grote who transitioned from this life from brain cancer.
1. Am I running towards life or away from death?
2. Don’t let fear fuel my choices.
5. Don’t worry about what people will think.
8. Be my own best friend.
9. People who tell me I'm selfish are not my people.
10. If the voice in my head says these unkind things, get a new voice.
11. Honor my mental health and seek out a good therapist with the same vigor I’d search for a romantic partner.
12. Be intentional about cultivating friendships that lift me up.
13. Love myself, no matter how weird and silly it might feel.
14. Surround myself with people who contradict that unkind voice, people who see my light, and remind me who I am: an amazing soul.