Lost property - ways to locate it
I have left a backpack today at a train station, the worst thing is it had a laptop in it.
So when I realized I left it at a specific station , I tried calling the station office. But the station turned to be No-personnel.
By phone, they suggested sending an email, and if they find something, they call back. If not, not. that is it.
Some ideas 💡 on how to help ourselves be safe
1. Keep a locator button on it? That would communicate back.
2. If no such ready solution, maybe a good idea to design such a button, and put to the market.!!!
The idea would be the button keeps signaling if you move away for some distance. Example: you turn it on, and if at train station you are more than 1 hand away of it, it gives you a signal.
3. Put boxes at train stations for 'found' objects, especially at personnel- free. The person who finds smth valueable, can put & lock it. Then he can communicate the unlock key to the owner. Some tips mechanism could be attached to reward.
4. Simple application for your key objects location. Say laptop, phone, ID cards wallet, etc Sync up with your phone Like a router map.
5. Old fashion: put a sticker to your backback with a phone to contact. Haha.
Didnot think of it even.