Reasons I'm Grateful of Being an Only Child (and times I wish I wasn't)
I am an only child and have always viewed that as being an advantage. My spouse comes from a fairly large, very close family and can't conceive being an only child. Maybe this will provide both groups with insight.
2. Made me an outgoing Introvert
3. Didn't have to share parent's time, attention, etc.
4. Didn't have to share a bedroom
5. Wasn't trying to emulate my older siblings
6. Wasn't the built-in baby sitter
7. Didn't have anyone else to blame stuff on
8. Had the whole back seat of the car or rear of the truck to myself
Yes. We did a lot of road trips
9. Didn't have anyone to split chores with
10. No hand me downs
But lots of 2nd hand. Our family loves a good yard sale, auction, or flea market.