Small things I do to make myself feel good
1. Wave at everyone walking on my street
2. Wave at every car that drives by me when I walk in my neighborhood
They think I'm crazy. Especially the kids who are driving too fast...
3. Open the door for anyone around me
Before walking in the door try and open the door for someone. Bonus if it's an elderly person or people with small children.
4. Ask people "how are you doing?"
And try and mean it. Don't always mean it.....
5. Help friends when they are down
6. Talk trash on my friends every other time...
I only mess with those I'm close to. Maybe I do it too much....They also bag on me often. It's good for everyone's ego...
7. Tip well at restaurants
Above 20% if they are really good and I can afford it. Know this is a US thing and it's weird to everyone else.
8. Try and spend time with my parents
Few times a year. It is getting more difficult mentally to grind it out, though...
9. Write in my journal
3 things I want to do that day. I also try and write down any significant thing I accomplished. Even taking children to school counts.
10. Write a NotePD list
Gotta get to 365 then go off into the sunset...