Stepping Stones To My Next Sprint Triathlon
I bit the bullet and signed up for a Sprint Triathlon after a hiatus. My wife always encouraged me and dismissed my excuses and the negative idea that I was not in good enough condition to take it on - she figures I won't improve my fitness without the deadline and goal of a race, and there may be something to that. Anyway, she asked me if I have a training plan for it, and it's unlikely that I can find one on the internet that will fit into the 6 weeks I have to get ready. I have over 10 years of experience in triathlon, so I will show confidence in my ability to wing it.
Here's a checklist of what I think I need to do or be able to do before mid-September.
1. Weekly Running Mileage increase to 15km per week
2. Long Runs of over 5km
3. Bike: 60 Min sessions on the trainer
4. Swim: Get into my wetsuit
5. Swim: 750m open water swims
6. Swim: 1000m (total, broken into 100-200m intervals) pool workouts
7. Bike: 30 min hill sessions
8. Run: 30 min hill sessions
9. Transition: Check Equipment
Make sure my racing shoes are OK. Goggles, water bottles etc.