1. Use a habit tracker so that you can keep track of what you actually do each day.
I use one I can customize on notion.io
2. Practice habit it stacking
3. Habit stacking is the process of attaching a new habit to an existing one, to make it easier to stick to.
4. Identify an existing habit that you do consistently every day, such as brushing your teeth in the morning.
5. Choose a new habit that you want to develop and that can be done immediately after the existing habit. For example, if you want to start meditating, you could do it right after brushing your teeth.
6. Start small with the new habit, doing it for just a few minutes at first, and gradually increase the duration over time.
7. Use a trigger to remind you to do the new habit, such as placing a meditation cushion next to your toothbrush.
8. Keep track of your progress and celebrate small wins to keep yourself motivated.
9. Adjust the habit stack as needed, if the existing habit changes or if the new habit doesn't seem to be sticking.
10. Consider adding multiple new habits to the same stack, but be careful not to overload yourself and make it too difficult to stick to.