Ten Audiobooks for Those Audible Credits
You've got extra audible credits. Here are ten audiobooks to check out.
1. The Beastie Boys Book - Even if you're only a MILD fan of the band, this book is one of the best produced audiobooks I've ever heard. The subject matter is engaging, and they get well over 30 people to read segments of the book. Tasty.
2. How I Built This by Guy Raz - You might have heard a few podcast episodes. This is one of those "scrape the best of them into a book full of themes" kind of deals. Full of fun "how Clif bar was founded" stories.
3. Karma by Sadhguru - This book is stuffed full of better ways to look at how you fit into the world at large. It also explains that you and I have *no* idea what karma really means. It's very practical but obviously spiritual, too.
4. Connect: Building Exceptional Relationships with Family, Friends, and Colleagues - the two professors who wrote this book had a massive hit(with their course), and this book is like cheating and getting all the ideas without going to school
5. When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron - Pema's a Buddhist nun and a great author, and this book is SO useful to read if something bad has happened in your life. It's a kind of reset/jumpstart book for you.
6. Play Bigger - a book on category design. Don't know what that is? Might be why your company isn't all that memorable. This book is game changing. (I don't say that often.)
7. Becoming Superman: My Journey from Poverty to Hollywood by J. Michael Straczynski - you know ole Babylon 5 head right? Did you know he came from a VERY rough childhood background? This book is intense. Worth it.
8. World War Z by Max Brooks - you might have seen the Brad Pitt movie (which was great) but that is NOTHING like the book. This audiobook presentation is amazing. VERY worth every minute at 1:00 speed. :)
9. Living with a SEAL by Jesse Itzler - a HILARIOUS book about Jesse Itzler hiring ex Navy SEAL David Goggins to come live in his house and train him for a while. It's intense, but you WILL laugh out loud a lot.
10. Failure IS an Option by H. Jon Benjamin - the voice of Bob from Bob's Burgers and Archer from Archer, this book is a hilarious look at Jon's entire life of failures, and how he succeeded anyway.
Paoloand 5 more liked this