Ten Favorite Video Games
Arcade, PC, game box, whatever. No particular order.
1. Tetris - Any Version
Shouldn't have to explain.
2. Red Storm Rising - Commodore 64 Version
Based on the Tom Clancy movie. C64 was great because you could save your game before trying something risky, and re-load it after you crashed and burned.
3. The Hunt for Red October - Commodore 64 Version
Also based on the Tom Clancy movie.
4. Wasteland - Commodore 64 Version
5. Star Wars Rebellion - PC Version
Not highly rated by folks, but was at a pace and level of involvement I could deal with at the time.
6. Missile Command - Arcade Version
Had it in our house in college... lots of quarters sacrificed saving the world. Sometimes.
7. Links (Golf) - Commodore 64 Version
Currently have the old PC version, too.
8. MicroLeague Baseball - Commodore 64 Version
9. Kongorilla - Arcade
Arcade knockoff of Donkey Kong. Had a bug that let you jump backwards off the structure to clear the level. Many breaks working at the supermarket during school were spent with this game.
10. Zork I - PC
Text only, but spent a lot of time with it.
11. Jungle King - Arcade
Just for the music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ey3dzEjlec
12. Bonus - A Place To Find / Play The Old Games
There are a few sites... online or abandonware. These are a couple I've used: